How to get started?
STARTING A PROJECT
- Contact us by using the project contact form, e-mail or call us.
- If necessary a starting meeting can be organized, where all project details can be discussed.
- A FIMM Service Agreement must be signed before the project can start in our laboratory. If your project is required by the law to have an ethical permit you need to supply us with a copy of it.
SENDING DATA AND SAMPLES
- Please, check the requirements for DNA depending the method used.
- Provide the sample information using FIMM basic information form. (Note! You need to enable the included macros. The filename should precisely to be in the form of FIMM_Perustietojen_luovutus_v2010.xlsm otherwise the macros will not work.)
- Fill up this sample submission form, print it and bring it to the lab together with the samples. Please also remember to submit the form electronically!
- For cell lines, fill up this cell line sample submission form. Print it and bring it to the lab together with the samples. Please also remember to submit the form electronically! (No FIMM basic information form needed for cell lines.)
- Please, check the shipping instructions when you need to ship the samples.
The laboratory work is done in Technology Centre's Genotyping Unit with the chosen techniques. The projects are managed and quality controlled by experienced specialists. All data is stored into an in-house-made LIMS system.
Good quality result data are released in linkage or other applicable format, and sent to the customer on a CD, with funet sender or transferred into a GIU project folder for further analysis.
In collaboration projects FIMM Technology Centre can also help with statistical data analysis of your results.
When a project is finished, any leftover DNAs will be returned to the customer or discarded if not needed by the customer.