Next Generation Sequencing
Our NGS service portfolio covers the full sequencing process from study design to primary sequence analysis. We have developed NGS workflows for a large variety of experiments for both DNA and RNA samples. Cost effective sequencing experiments are enabled through libraries with powerful indexing scheme (molecular barcodes). Currently our dual-indexing protocol supports multiplexing up to 559 individual libraries in a single sequencing lane - and this can be expanded even further. High multiplexing levels enable cost efficient sequencing experiments. FIMM Bioinformatics team provides in-depth analyses for your needs. A selection of NGS services is listed below:
- Genomic DNA library preparation (single or dual indexing, paired-end)
- RNA library preparation (transcriptomes, small RNA, indexed, paired-end)
- Amplicon librariy preparation (single or dual indexing, paired-end)
- Exome enrichment (multiple methods)
- Custom target enrichment (multiple methods)
- Disease specific panels (custom or commercial)
- mitochondrial DNA enrichment (rolling circle amplification or PCR)
- Custom PCR Amplicon setup for ultra deep-sequencing (dual indexing, paired-end)
- HiSeq HT run mode: up to 2x100nt paired ens reads
- HiSeq Rapid run mode : up to 2x150nt paired ens reads
- MiSeq runs: up to 250nt paired-end reads
- More information here and from laboratory staff
Primary sequence analysis
- Together with the bioinformatics team we have developed following NGS analysis pipelines to facilitate your research:
- VCP: Variant Calling Pipeline for re-seqeuncing experiments.
- RNA-seq pipeline: transcriptome analysis
- Amplicon pipeline: for analyzing ultra-deep sequencing experiments
How to get started?
- Contact us by e-mail or phone
- Get a FIMM account (note: you need to accept security certificate)
- How to get started -guide to FIMM IT-services
Do you want to be notified about downtimes etc.? Join our mailing list; send text "subscribe fimmseqlab-info" to majordomo(at)helsinki.fi.