We currently utilize following NGS instrument in our workflows:
The Illumina HiSeq1500/2500 and MiSeq personal sequencer instruments are massively parallel sequencing platform for analyzing nucleic acid libraries in gigabase scale. The HiSeq systems produces up to 450 Gigabases of sequence in a single flow cell run.
Rapid MiSeq runs provide up to 15 Gigabases in ~65 hours. Illumina platforms support multi-read sequencing runs enabling paired-end and mate-pair sequencing with single or dual index reads. Paired-reads and long insert mate-pairs play a key role in detecting structural variants and fusion genes.
Detailed technology overview at illumina.com
Supporting equipment for NGS experiments in FIMM TC:
- Qubit fluorometer: DNA, RNA, and protein quantitation
- Mondrian SP+ Workstation for automated sample preparation
- Covaris S-2 for DN /RNA shearing/extraction
- EpiSonic Multi-Functional Bioprocessor 1100 for DNA/RNA shearing
- Savant DNA-120 SpeedVac for concentrating DNA / RNA samples
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer for analyzing DNA and RNA libraries
- Caliper Labchip XT: Advanced Nucleic Acid Size Selection and Collection
- Caliper GX: Quick and accurate analysis of RNA and DNA samples
- FIMM high performance computing cluster and data storage