FIMM PhD Student and Postdoc Council
The FIMM PhD Student and Postdoc Council provides the organization needed to continue effectively with ongoing events, as well as the autonomy to explore and develop new ideas supporting student and postdoc research training.
The current Council members are:
- Andrew Erickson (PhD Student, Clinical Collaborator Tuomas Mirtti)
- Alok Jaiswal (PhD Student, Group Aittokallio)
- Sini Kerminen (PhD student, Group Pirinen and Ripatti)
- Lea Urpa (PhD student, FIMM-EMBL Rotation)
- Jennifer Devlin (Postdoctoral Researcher, Group Verschuren)
- Juho Miettinen (Postdoctoral Researcher, Group Heckman)
- Lassi Paavolainen (Postdoctoral Researcher, Group Horvath and Kallioniemi)
Events and Activities (contact persons):
- FIMM Scientific Coffee Breaks (Jennifer Devlin and Vishal Sinha)
- Annual FIMM Poster Session (Council Members)
- NMMN Young Investigators Collaboration (Alok Jaiswal and Jadwiga Buchwald)
- FIMM THINK DIFFERENT Seminar Series (Christian Benner, Anna Cichonska, Prson Gautam, Alok Jaiswal, Poojitha Ojamies, Balaguru Ravikumar, and Sarang Talwelkar)
- Peer Mentoring in Soft Skills (Meri Kaustio, Jaakko Leinonen, Elina Parri)
- Peer Advising (one-on-one) (Jaakko Leinonen, Tiia Luukkonen)
- FIMM-DSHealth Science Communication Club (Susanne Hultsch, Alok Jaiswal, and Elina Parri)
All students and postdocs at FIMM are welcome to bring new ideas, thoughts, and feedback to any council member and are highly encouraged to get involved in planning events.
Contact the FIMM Student and Postdoc Council.