FIMM PhD Student and Postdoc Council
The FIMM PhD Student and Postdoc Council provides the organizational framework needed to effectively organise the ongoing events, as well as the autonomy to explore and develop new ideas supporting student and postdoc research training.
The current Council members are:
- Venla Berg (Postdoctoral Researcher, Group Latvala)
- Pu Chen (PhD student, Group Saarela)
- Kalle Pärn (Bioinformatician, Group Palotie)
- Anil Kumar (Postdoctoral Researcher, Group Aittokallio)
- Sanni Ruotsalainen (PhD student, Group Ripatti)
- Hande Topa (Postdoctoral Researcher, Group Pirinen)
- Dimitrios Tsallos (PhD student, Group Heckman)
- Bulat Zagidullin (PhD student, Group Tang)
Events and Activities (contact persons):
- FIMM Scientific Coffee Breaks (Shabbeer Hassan and Lea Urpa)
- Annual FIMM Poster Session (Council Members)
- NMMN Young Investigators Collaboration (Jadwiga Buchwald)
- FIMM THINK DIFFERENT Seminar Series (Komal Kumar, Balaguru Ravikumar, Sarang Talwelkar, and Bulat Zagidullin)
- Peer Mentoring in Soft Skills (Meri Kaustio, Jaakko Leinonen, Elina Parri)
- Peer Advising (one-on-one) (Jaakko Leinonen)
- The Science Basement (formerly the FIMM-DSHealth Science Communication Club)
All students and postdocs at FIMM are welcome to bring new ideas, thoughts, and feedback to any council member and are highly encouraged to get involved in planning events.
Contact the FIMM Student and Postdoc Council.