FIMM PhD Student and Postdoc Council
The FIMM PhD Student and Postdoc Council provides the organization needed to continue effectively with ongoing events, as well as the autonomy to explore and develop new ideas supporting student and postdoc research training.
The current Council members are:
- Sini Kerminen (PhD student, Group Pirinen and Ripatti)
- Lea Urpa (PhD student, Group Palotie)
- Juho Miettinen (Postdoctoral Researcher, Group Heckman)
- Pu Chen (PhD student, Group Saarela)
- Dimitrios Tsallos (PhD student, Group Heckman)
- Kalle Pärn (Postdoctoral Researcher, Group Palotie)
- Emma Cazaly (Postdoctoral Researcher, Group Ollikainen)
Events and Activities (contact persons):
- FIMM Scientific Coffee Breaks ()
- Annual FIMM Poster Session (Council Members)
- NMMN Young Investigators Collaboration (Alok Jaiswal and Jadwiga Buchwald)
- FIMM THINK DIFFERENT Seminar Series (Christian Benner, Anna Cichonska, Prson Gautam, Alok Jaiswal, Poojitha Ojamies, Balaguru Ravikumar, and Sarang Talwelkar)
- Peer Mentoring in Soft Skills (Meri Kaustio, Jaakko Leinonen, Elina Parri)
- Peer Advising (one-on-one) (Jaakko Leinonen)
- FIMM-DSHealth Science Communication Club (Susanne Hultsch, Alok Jaiswal, and Elina Parri)
All students and postdocs at FIMM are welcome to bring new ideas, thoughts, and feedback to any council member and are highly encouraged to get involved in planning events.
Contact the FIMM Student and Postdoc Council.