FIMM Doctoral Training Committee
The Doctoral Training Committee (DTC) at FIMM is dedicated to the recruitment, review, and mentoring of the entire PhD student body at FIMM. Specifically, the committee has developed and operates a central admission process for PhD students who wish to join FIMM outside of the FIMM-EMBL International PhD program and develops guidelines for doctoral training at the institute.
The goals of the DTC are to:
- Coordinate the recruitment of new PhD students to FIMM through the formation and operation of ad hoc recruitment committees for every new PhD student recruitment.
- Assess the needs for, approve, and distribute equitably bridging funding if needed due to sudden changes in group leader and/or doctoral candidate funding.
- Track annually the progress of every FIMM PhD student.
- Offer mentoring to FIMM PhD students.
- Provide recommendations to the FIMM Steering Group and administration regarding best practices and policies for managing doctoral training at the institute.
2018 Doctoral Training Committee (DTC) members
- Jing Tang, FIMM-EMBL Group Leader
- Miina Ollikainen, Group Leader
- William Hennah, Doctoral Training Coordinator
- Heidi Virtanen, Senior Researcher
- Caroline Heckman, Group Leader