Benefits of the FIMM-EMBL International PhD
The FIMM-EMBL International PhD Program is student-centered training and strives to best match PhD students with thesis projects. This approach provides numerous benefits, including:
- Scientific interests are developed and refined during the rotational period.
- Knowledge of scientific fields is more diverse and deeper after the rotation period.
- Early-career training with feedback in scientific communication on their own projects enhances research skills.
- A best match between student and research advisor(s) is fostered during the rotation period, so that when a student joins a group, they do so with informed intentions.
- Students are well connected within the institute.
- Collaborative relationships of two or more research groups can be formed by a single rotation student unifying research ideas, broadening the scope of individual research groups, and creating and bridging new research connections.