FIMMPOD Social and Networking Events
Networking is essential to postdoctoral and senior researchers, and FIMMPOD aims to facilitate networking by organising social events in which the FIMM postdocs, senior researchers and coordinators can get to know each other and each other's tasks and expertise. In addition, industry sponsors and representatives will be invited to some of the FIMMPOD social events.
Social and networking events to date have included FIMM Meets Pharma, Beer Fridays, Ice Cream Socials, Glögi and Holiday Lunches, a Self-Defence course and FIMMPOD Kids at FIMM. Also we have organised opportunities for FIMMPOD members to participate in the Writing Days at Tvärminne, where they can together have time away in the beautiful and peaceful Tvärminne Zoological Station to concentrate on writing up research for publication.
FIMM Meets Pharma event in August 2016.
FIMMPOD Community Lunch Discussions have also provided a forum to discuss amongst peers topics such as:
- Balancing professional life with personal life
- How uncertainty affects our working lives
- Career progression of senior researchers
- What would the ideal international research institute look like?
- Best practices in transparency within organisations (planned for 2017)
Some FIMMPOD members (senior researchers and coordinators) at FIMM in April 2015.